Strathmore Centre for Youth Development
The First Step
Skills for Work
Training & Certificates
Real Work Experience
Employers & Job Matching
Links with Employers
In Work Support & Aftercare
In Work Support
Contact Info -
Mark Coxon email@example.com
Contact Numbers -
On the web -
SCYD is an award winning young person led charity organisation in the rural area of Eastern Perthshire. SCYD has approximately 35 young people daily coming into the centre from all ethnic and social groups. They come into SCYD for support, information, a listening ear, to use the computers, make new friends and become involved in on-going projects or events within the local, rural community. SCYD is a safe environment where young people can gain many new skills enabling them to fulfil their own personal ambitions and potential in life.
SCYDs aims are:-
- To provide a safe environment for Young people, influenced and targeted by Young people themselves.
- For Young People to improve their social skills, make new friends, build confidence and become involved within a Young Person led environment
- For Young People to become involved with the day to day running of the Centre and its ongoing projects.
- To enable Young People to gain new skills by becoming actively involved within the local Community, helping them to take personal responsibility for their actions and enabling them to achieve their potential in life, and enjoy an active role in moving their own community into the future.
- To engage more with the 15 to 25 year old age group, particularly those who are not in employment, education or training and are finding difficulty identifying and accessing opportunities in work or in education with our Linc and Cyclebreaker courses.
- Through our Intergenerational work encourage Young People to continue integrating within their local Community, improving their image and bringing the generations closer together
- To provide peer support and companionship as they overcome many problems in their lives, socially, emotionally, educationally, at home or in employment.