Announcement : Perth & Kinross Council Rural Employment Incentive
The Rural Employment Incentive continues to deliver Perth & Kinross Council’s commitment to target support at unemployed young people, whilst assisting rurally based businesses overcome common recruitment issues.
The incentive provides employers with a financial contribution to the additional costs of recruiting and sustaining a young person in employment. It could be utilised in a number of ways including additional supervisory costs, training, initial travel to work costs or wages.
The aim is to support employers and encourage recruitment of young people aged 16-29 into sustainable employment, including Modern Apprenticeships.
Where an Employer commits to a new job or new Modern Apprenticeship for up to 52 weeks, it will receive £4500.
The payment schedule will involve:
- 15% at 4 weeks (£675) – No payment for less than 4 weeks
- 35% at 13 weeks (£1,575) – No pro-rata payment between 4-13 weeks
- 50% at 52 weeks (£2,250) – No pro-rata payment between 13-52 weeks
- Small businesses (employing 50 or less people) primarily based in all of Perth & Kinross, excluding the 3 Perth City wards.
- Offering employment on a fixed term or permanent basis, for a min. of 25 hours per week for a period of 52 weeks or more.
- Employers who employ individuals on zero hours contracts will NOT be eligible for support
- Eligible participants – aged 16-29 years (at start date in employment) residing in all of Perth & Kinross, excluding the 3 Perth City wards.
Eligible employers will be able to access up to three offers of ‘the incentive’ per annum.
Jamie May,The Hub 31-33 South Street,
Perth, PH2 8PDthehub@pkc.gov.uk01738 459609HubConnectionsThe Hub PKCwww.pkc.gov.uk/thehub