Jenni Keenan,The Gateway North Methven Street,
Perth, PH1 5PP01738 firstname.lastname@example.org@pkavs.org.ukPKAVS Minorities Hub
Opening Times8:30am to 5:30pm, 8:30am to 5:30pm, 8:30am to 5:30pm, 8:30am to 5:30pm, 8:30am to 5pm,
MCH Provide multi-lingual information, advice and 1-1 support to Ethnic Minority individuals and groups to enable them to access appropriate services. People and communities are supported to participate in and engage with services and civic society; ensuring their contributions are recognised and community cohesion is increased.
Following a service review in 2016/17 MCH has a new delivery model and business plan. This business plan describes the key activities the Hub will deliver over the next three year period (2018 - 2021), with the Hub continuing to provide personalised support to minority ethnic populations across Perth and Kinross.
The Hub will focus on the following three areas to further support community integration and equality across Perth and Kinross:
- Support for minority community members to access services.
- Build confidence and capacity within communities.
- Facilitate community insight and understanding among statutory agencies, other service providers, organisations and the wider community.
We deliver these via a range of activities including:
- 1 to 1 personal support (Perth and rural)
- Address pre-employment issues, find work, progress in employment and to start and grow their own businesses.
- Referral and support to access other appropriate statutory services, e.g. for employment, education, welfare, health, training, etc. (Perth and rural)
- Work Club and employability training (Perth only)
- English classes (Perth only)
- Cultural activities (supporting community groups to deliver)
- Input into policy and service development, including training for service providers
- Consultations and research
- Social participation including cultural activities and events (supporting community groups to deliver).