Announcement : New Outreach Service: Tayside Hearing Voices Project
We have been successfully running a Hearing Voices project in Fife since 1995, a project that was set up by people who hear voices and is still going strong. We’re now able to offer this service to people in Perth & Kinross and in Angus.
What do we do and how can we help?
We offer one to one support over the telephone for people who experience the symptoms of psychosis, such as hearing voices or disturbing beliefs. Our aim is that people feel listened to and supported, enabling them to better manage symptoms and lead a better quality of life, and we do this by:
- building a trusting professional relationship
- breaking the isolation that can come with these experiences
- providing information and sharing tools
- encouraging people to engage with all aspects of their support, from family, to statutory services and other support organisations
- working collaboratively with other agencies
We offer support in a trauma-informed way and our work is underpinned by a behavioural approach to the management of sensory disturbances.
Once it’s safe to do so
- we can offer to arrange to meet people in person, at a time and place convenient to them
- hold peer support groups, where members can share their experiences
- provide workshops promoting an understanding of voices and disturbing beliefs
For more information please contact us at HV@supportinmindscotland.org.uk or on the telephone numbers listed below.