Announcement : Skills and Employment Initiatives Team : Parental Employment Support Fund Project
Futures for Families is a new initiative, part funded by the Scottish Government under the Parental Employment Support Fund. Futures for Families aims to support parents to access or progress in work. This is delivered locally by the Skills & Employment Initiatives Team.
The programme offers a tailored package of support to eligible parents. Whether a client is in or out of work they will receive relevant assistance to progress, with the aim of securing well paid, highly skilled employment.
Programme offerings include:
- Support in searching, securing and sustaining employment from a designated Key Worker
- Training and skills action planning
- In-work support to progress, in the form of a Skills and Training Grant - Elev8 Employment and Training Grant
* An opportunity may arise for incentivised employment subject to available funding.
Eligibility for Participants
Futures for Families will focus on supporting eligible parents in a number of ways in order to assist them in progressing with their employment goals.
Support will be available for parents who fall into any one or more of the following categories:
- Lone Parents
- Parent or child with a disability
- 3 + children
- Minority Ethnic
- Youngest child less than 1
- Parents aged less than 25