Gareth Ruddock,51-53 South Street,
Perth, PH2 8PDinfo@checkin-giraffe.org.uk01738 44922701738 633887Checkin GiraffeGiraffe Tradinggiraffeinperth
Opening Times10am to 5pm, 10am to 5pm, 10am to 5pm, 10am to 5pm, 10am to 5pm, 10am to 5pm, closed to closed,
CheckIn Works and Giraffe Trading offer personal support, work experience and vocational and employability training. Placements are provided through their range of Perth-based social enterprises that can assist individuals with significant barriers to entering a work environment. The organisations help individuals to make the steps towards returning to work or onto other college or sector courses that will help develop their careers further.
Work experience placements are currently available in catering, retail, hospitality and gardening. The provision of some accredited training is offered in-house and CheckIn will support, encourage and link up individuals with other available courses. Trainees progress through a journey of work, life and learning consisting of three levels. The emphasis is on building work skills, confidence and inclusion.
The service is based over four venues in Perth –
- the Ladeside Activity Centre - where Giraffe is developing upcycling and woodwork activities.
- Giraffe Café & Shop on South Street – hospitality, retail and customer service training.
- The Training kitchen (attached to the South Street café) where cooking skills are developed.
- Mill Street Café – a busy take-away site and café offering cooking skills, customer service and barista skills.
- The walled garden at Springlands where individuals learn horticulture and garden maintenance skills while growing produce used in the cafes and local shops and restaurants.