Employment Support Team,41D St Catherine's Road ,
Perth, PH1 5SJHCCEmploymentSupport@pkc.gov.uk01738 477638www.pkc.gov.uk/estPKEmployability
Opening Times8:30am to 5:30pm,
EST team members are based in various localities throughout Perth and Kinross.
The Employment Support Team offer a range of employability services to people with mental health difficulties, acquired brain injury, autistic spectrum diagnosis or learning disabilities from localities throughout Perth and Kinross. The Team use a person centred approach to help people prepare for, find, access and maintain work by the following means;
- The team can be contacted at various locations in Perth and Blairgowrie including community campuses; referrals can be made to the team by individuals or our wide range of partners
- A vocational profile is compiled through meetings and discussions with a team member and the individual
- Specialist supported employment service provided by the team
- Delivery of Work Skills Training
- Offer Accredited Employability training through recycling
- Setting up work experience opportunities in a wide variety of sectors
- Liaising with and supporting employers to offer paid work opportunities
- Job retention through job coaching and regular workplace appraisals
While in work, ongoing support is offered to individuals and Employers in the form of advice, reviewing and monitoring. The Team works in partnership with other Professionals in an advisory role relating to supported employment issues and also Employability Network members and Employers to breakdown barriers of stigma and discrimination; this helps widen the local job market for people who face additional challenges.