The First Step
Skills for Work
Training & Certificates
Real Work Experience
Employers & Job Matching
Links with Employers
In Work Support & Aftercare
In Work Support
Contact Info -
Westbank Enterprises, Westbank Plant Nursery
17 Jeanfield Road
Contact Numbers -
0300 7900 528
On the web -
Ben Hinchey, Projects & Enterprise Manager. Tel : 07894 799527
Caroline Thomas, Employment & Training Officer. Tel : 07753 309253
Jane Keith, Nursery Manager. Tel : 07770 226256
Westbank Enterprises - people who grow
Westbank Enterprises is a partnership project between Perth and Kinross Council and national charity Shaw Trust, which uses the nurturing space of horticulture to encourage the development of employability skills in individuals.
Who is eligible to join the Westbank Enterprises programme?
Each individual will share one distinct issue – disadvantage of some kind into employment.
- have a history of drug or alcohol issues
- experience mental ill health
- have disabilities or health issues
- experienced / experiencing homelessness
- be ex-offenders
All of which might make finding and staying in a job a challenge.
Those eligible for the programme are often also being supported by the Perth and Kinross Council Services.
How does it work?
- enrolled on the six month employability programme will have opportunities for training and confidence building
- be assisted in creating & following a personal action plan to enable their progress
- will work in our plant nursery to gain skills in teamwork, communication, timekeeping and general skills to enhance employability
- will work as part of the existing team of plant nursery employees, based at Westbank Enterprises Perth
- will have direct involvement with their local community
What happens at the end of the programme?
Westbank Enterprises provides employment and training opportunities during the length of the programme. The ultimate aim is to celebrate the progression of those individuals from the Westbank Enterprises programme into permanent employment or further training.
About Shaw Trust
Shaw Trust is a national charity that helps people facing disadvantage into work, to gain skills and take control of their futures. We specifically run a range of enterprises and projects nationwide, across sectors including catering, recycling and horticulture. These initiatives are firmly embedded in our local communities and provide our clients with a broad range of learning and skills development, as well as employment opportunities.
Those we support benefit from access to accredited training and work experience opportunities for example.
Shaw Trust is the largest third sector provider of Employment services for disabled and disadvantaged people and the long-term unemployed. We deliver national and local contracts on behalf of the DWP, Prison Services, Local Authorities, the NHS and through a portfolio of independently managed social enterprises.
Our vision is for a society in which everyone has the opportunity for employment, inclusion and independence.